
I am starting my blog as an electronic journal to keep track of training for my first half marathon ever. I say that now as I'm quite sure that just as my mind jumps around so will this blog.
As 2009 winds down I begin my annual reflection - actually it is not only at the end of the year I am constantly reflecting, my life, my work, my lack of a life and most currently on the possibility of a lack of work. That's another story.
September was my 30th high school reunion - so much fun that I was on a high school high for a month afterward. Not only was it amazing to reconnect with a super group of people but I felt good, looked good and it was all good.
So with the 30th reunion behind me, 2009 almost behind me and part of my career (yes that again) close to being behind me I was reflecting on what makes me happy, when I have been happy and what I have felt like when I did significant things in my life. buying my condo, designing a remodel, learning to teach aerobics, finishing highschool early. It was exhilirating and affirming and confidence building galore.
What would should my new goal be? Not losing weight that is so played out, plus it has already been a goal for almost 2/3 of my life so it is more like an old friend then a goal. I needed something out of my realm - like I thought buying a house was.
So I had he idea of running. I've never liked running, it is hard, uncomfortable, a tad boring, hurts my feet. I try it every once in a while because I think that I am going to have a runners high - alas it has never happened.
Running it is then and a 1/2 marathon at that.
Monday strength training coming so for now I will hide the rest of the M&Ms in the freezer and be done with them. A runner must eat clean - maybe that's why I am not a runner...
As 2009 winds down I begin my annual reflection - actually it is not only at the end of the year I am constantly reflecting, my life, my work, my lack of a life and most currently on the possibility of a lack of work. That's another story.
September was my 30th high school reunion - so much fun that I was on a high school high for a month afterward. Not only was it amazing to reconnect with a super group of people but I felt good, looked good and it was all good.
So with the 30th reunion behind me, 2009 almost behind me and part of my career (yes that again) close to being behind me I was reflecting on what makes me happy, when I have been happy and what I have felt like when I did significant things in my life. buying my condo, designing a remodel, learning to teach aerobics, finishing highschool early. It was exhilirating and affirming and confidence building galore.
What would should my new goal be? Not losing weight that is so played out, plus it has already been a goal for almost 2/3 of my life so it is more like an old friend then a goal. I needed something out of my realm - like I thought buying a house was.
So I had he idea of running. I've never liked running, it is hard, uncomfortable, a tad boring, hurts my feet. I try it every once in a while because I think that I am going to have a runners high - alas it has never happened.
Running it is then and a 1/2 marathon at that.
Monday strength training coming so for now I will hide the rest of the M&Ms in the freezer and be done with them. A runner must eat clean - maybe that's why I am not a runner...

No comments:
Post a Comment