Luxuriously slept until 6:45 this morning and hit the gym at 7:45 with the intention of running three miles which I understand is the pre-requisite for the 1/2 marathon training program I pulled off the web.
Physically I could do it but mentally, not so much. As I hit the treadmill - first it seemed too slow, then too fast, I couldn't find the music I wanted on my iPod and then couldn't get my iPod into the cute little pocket on my Lululemon shirt. I jogged, sprinted, walked - heard the voice of Jillian Michaels yelling - Do NOT touch the treadmill! Finally after 30 minutes and a mere two miles I hit stop.
To be clear, today was a strength training day, not running, so my attempt was noble even with my pounding sinus headache.
After a fun day including seeing It's Complicated with Meryl and Alec, I headed out to the Dailey Method for an hour of strenght training. An hour of torture and it was over.
Overall I did a good job on todays training - not to mention the fact that I avoided eating a big holiday dose of sugary goodness.
Tomorrow's plan is to run three miles - I will run three miles without stopping or getting sucked under the treadmill George Jetson style.
Stay tuned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment